- "Space. It's big. Really, really, really, really, really, really big. Incredibly, mind-numbingly big. So big that...well, it's big, is the point that I'm trying to get across here."
- —Marco the Elder
Marco the Elder is an original character designed by TheAgent41. Marco the Elder resides in the Goop universe.
Marco was once the royal vizier to the unnamed king and queen of the Gooptar Kingdom before their untimely passing. After they passed, Marco took it upon himself to raise the young Princess Blossom as her adoptive grandfather. He spends most of his time playing bingo in his cave with his fellow geezers, attending crazy parties, and helping Goop defend the kingdom from the forces of evil.
Marco's backstory is unknown. It is known that he was the trusted royal vizier for Princess Blossom's late parents back when she was a child. However, they passed away of mysterious circumstances, leaving her an orphan. However, Marco still refused to let down his king and queen even after their passing, so he took it upon himself to raise her into the benevolent and kind ruler that she is today.
Marco is a male Gooptar and thus, his main characteristics are his duckbill, his oversized stubby hands, and the large crest on the back of his head, which sags due to his old age. He constantly wears a brown robe, white socks, and sandals. He has a small tail, which is usually pointed upwards. His irises are orange, the same as his skin. His nostrils, although not visible, are on the underside of his bill. He also has a white beard and bushy eyebrows.
Marco is the very definition of "senile". He's constantly saying things that may or may not have anything to do with the current conversation, and he seems to have gone a little insane in his time as a hermit. He's a bit of a manchild, having the mind of a small child and being easily amused by even the most mundane things. Because of this, he's a bit of an elderly party animal. However, Marco has a serious side, especially during times of crisis.
- Prophecy: Marco possesses mystical abilities, most of which are unknown. However, he is known to be able to see into the future with some success. However, he can't see completely into the future. He can merely perceive possible outcomes for each decision made, but he doesn't actually know which outcome is the correct one until it happens.
- Goop the Gooptar: Friend
- Tawnya the Gooptar: Friend
- Bing the Gooptar: Friend
- Draclo the Dragon: Friend
- Princess Blossom the Gooptar: Advisee
- King Reginald Grex: Enemy
- Marco's ideal voice actor would be American voice actor Billy West.
- The role of the elderly shaman was originally given to a similar, but less comedic, character named Grindle the Wise, while Marco was the name of Princess Blossom's no-nonsense, stuffy butler.